School campus with housing for sale on 30 acres
- Land: 11 Hectares (27.17 acres)
- Bedrooms: 15
- Bathrooms: 15
Situated in a secluded, peaceful area in the mountains of Costa Rica at an altitude of 6,000 feet (1,900 meters), and yet just 15 minutes away from downtown Heredia and 45 minutes away from the airport, the property is surrounded by forest and offers a comfortable cool climate. Move-in ready and with plenty of room for expansion (only 1% of the land has been developed), it is ideal to set up educational facilities, a mountain hotel or to use as a special event venue for seminars, retreats or other training purposes.
The property is home to a variety of wildlife fauna like tapirs, armadillos and sloths.
Costa Rica is the number one country in Latin America were American students study abroad, so this is a very interesting property to be acquired by an international university or to send their students to do a specialization or special degree overseas. The facilities can be used for research, for reforestation with native species, as well as other academic activities.
For instance, a Biology student from the University of Costa Rica did his research thesis on Frogs inside the property, which was later documented by a video.
There used to be a meteorological station installed by one of the National universities during the time that the campus was functioning.
The property also suits itself very well as a boutique hotel.
During the time that the campus was operating, hundreds of meetings, seminars for training purposes, special events, as well as retreats in the health, wellness and Yoga fields were held. These were hosted by different profit, and non-profit Organizations, universities as well as religious groups.
There are 2 principal structures on the property. The Main Building which contains a lobby, reception, three classrooms, administrative offices, large dining area or restaurant overlooking the spectacular scenery and the two lakes that can also be used as a large meeting room where 45 people can be comfortably seated, semi-industrial kitchen, coffee station, small grocery store “pulperia”. There is also a residences area that contains 2 apartments downstairs and a two bedroom apartment upstairs where the director used to live.
The second structure is the dorms area or hotel suites which has 10 rooms, where executives, clients or students can stay overnight or longer periods. The center suite in this building is a room for families , that includes a mezzanine and a bedroom, where visiting professors stayed with their families. This building also has the laundry room.
The construction area is divided as follows:
Main Building ...... 765 Area in m2 (square meters) | 8,230 Sq ft
Director's Apartment ...... 90 Area in m2 (square meters) | 970 Sq ft
Dorms Area ...... 500 Area in m2 (square meters) | 5,380 Sq ft
Corridors ...... 85 Area in m2 (square meters) | 915 Sq ft
Surveillance Areas ...... 45 Area in m2 (square meters) | 485 Sq ft
Total ...... 1,485 m2 | 16,000 sq ft
- Solar panels, both for heating water as well as for generating electricity.
- There are two sets of solar panels to heat water for the kitchen area and the showers in the dorms area.
- There is a back-up system both for gas and electricity for use during dark and rainy days. The power generating system includes several batteries for storing the generated electricity in case the power goes off. The excess electricity generated goes back to the grid if it is not being used and there is a double-way meter that measures the amount of excess electricity that is pumped back to the power lines.
- Two huge hot water tanks one in the main building and another in the dorms area.
- A water storage tank and pump in case there is not enough water coming from the city water pipes.
- A water treatment plant that treats the used waters.
- The owners are very motivated to sell and they are willing to hear serious offers.
- The property is completely furnished and ready to operate the moment it is bought, in case the client decides to acquire all the furnishings as well for an additional price.